Sunday 25 September 2011

Really Posh Chips

I'm not a spud fan per se, could never embrace the "balls of flour" concept. If you eat with your eyes, why would floury balls be enticing? Anyway, moving on, rooster spuds would frequent most in my press because of their handiness for mash or wedges. I don't own a deep fat fryer nor do I want one, so my chips always come from the oven.... These chips have a certain 'je ne sais quai" 


Baked once, no soaking, palava free... 

Serves 2 posh people
2 large rooster spuds, I like to cut them into straight cut thick chips, wedges are far too common
2 garlic cloves, squished 
One sprig of rosemary, leaves picked
A decent shake of salt and freshly cracked pepper 
A good glug of extra virgin olive oil
A generous sprinkle of grated Parmesan.

Preheat the oven to the highest setting. Mines 220

Toss the ingredients, put them
In the oven, shake them around a couple of times

Ready in 25 mins. 

Get in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment